Everyone loves birthday parties – we get to celebrate with friends and family, eat and drink, and “gozar” (“to have a REALLY good time”) all night long! Rodrigo is turning 50 next month, so we thought we’d share some tips on how to celebrate a musician‘s birthday:
1. Plan a huge party with room for dancing. And bring a lot of instruments (and people that can play them – like the 9-piece salsa band Papa Mambo!) The party for Rodrigo will be at Juss Jazz on Sunday, May 6.
2. Call all your fun friends and invite them to come!
3. Bring a cake. In fact, if you want to bake a cake for Rodrigo’s birthday, let us know and we’ll invite you in for free.
4. Dress up! This is an opportunity to pull out that new dress you’ve been waiting to wear, or that tux you haven’t donned since graduation.
5. Musicians think in terms of beats, like 4/4, 3/4, 6/8, etc, so buy the birthday boy drinks in numbers he really understands – like 4 or 6 or 8!